The successful candidate shall provide customer assistance support to the BDE and subordinate programs with same day response for IT support issues. The successful candidate shall assist in the redistribution of IT assets to align with requirements, while providing for equipment lifecycle. Responsible for accountability, tracking, distribution, and maintenance of all IT assets in the Brigade while interfacing with the G6 personnel to ensure maximum user support and provide situational awareness to the command. Primary role will be customer service; troubleshooting and resolving hardware/software IT issues for Brigade users, monitoring compliance with C4IM policies, and developing training materials for end user consumption.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Receive, inventory and assign equipment.
- Setup computers and printer and IT infrastructure components for all work areas.
- Troubleshoot IT equipment.
- Maintain all office equipment (computers, laptops, VTC, projectors, phones, etc.) in working order.
- Assist with the IT equipment inventory management and maintenance.
- Perform general office administration functions including meeting arrangements, establish conference calls, set up conference rooms with phone and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) calls, and other equipment as needed.
- Provide technical support for all IT equipment including, but not limited to computers, laptops, projectors and VTC.
- Manage documentation/database of Data Center connections, network diagrams, and Station Logs.
- Create and analyze network and environmental performance reports/charts upon request.
In addition, this effort includes:
- Serves as primary ITE manager for the BDE having the responsibility for maintaining accountability of owned and loaner equipment;
- Maintain accountability of ITE assets and loaner equipment, tracking equipment and sub-hand receipt equipment;
- Track equipment and temporarily sub-hand receipting specified equipment;
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases for all office automation computers, printers, faxes, and peripheral equipment as well as all other Brigade C4IM requirements with quantities of initial issue and currently on hand equipment, system locations, warranties, and serial numbers;
- Track external to HQ IT equipment with the Brigade S4 and university log technicians. In addition, the contactor shall be required to assist in determining the need for and in obtaining equipment, supplies and services;
- The contractor shall assist in ensuring policy compliance, project management, and technical implementation of data communications services within the Command. Some designated areas include other Government or military installations, or commercial facilities that the command may require;
- The contractor shall provide software/hardware troubleshooting support for office automation workstations (OAWS), a variety of devices such as smart phones, printers, fax machines, wireless cards, software packages, and application systems;
- Support for local users will involve the physical support and troubleshooting with individual users. For users geographically separated from the immediate area, support shall involve working with the user, other BDE IMO(s), university or high school information technology personnel, as well as possibly providing additional support to the BDE’s when required. Support shall be telephonically to remote into the system and/or coordinate with the user’s administrator or a vendor to resolve the problem. The BDE IMO may occasionally be required to provide onsite support to the programs within the BDE footprint;
- The contractor shall support the lifecycle replacement of software baselines and original setup of workstations and devices such as smart phones, printers, etc. The contractor shall ensure that they follow established schedules. The contractor shall prepare the fielding schedules as appropriate;
- The contractor shall document all Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), training material and work instructions. They must be posted in the designated central knowledge base, as well as other designated sites such as the Knowledge Zone (KZ). All documentation shall be updated daily or weekly as required;
- The contractor shall capture all work into the government furnished ticket tracking system. This requires complete (by ticket) documentation into the work logs;
- The contractor(s) performing the BDE IMO functions shall have at least 5 years of Information technology experience supporting organizations with 500 or more users;
- The contractor(s) performing OD functions shall possess a thorough knowledge and experience of the Army organizational structure, mission objectives, function, procedures, agency regulations, and policy pertaining to the Department of the Army.