Staffing Pros is searching for reliable talented people who are energetic, organized and computer savvy, who would like to earn extra money, part-time on the side. If you have availability to work flexible hours and enjoy meeting people, Staffing Pros’s Fingerprinting Operator position could be a great fit for you.
The selected candidates will have an important role in helping the United Census Bureau prepare for the upcoming 2020 Decennial Census Enumeration. These Census results will provide valuable bench-mark socio-demographic information to be used government wide.
The Fingerprinting Operator will be responsible for setting core and axis fingerprint images and verifying identification through fingerprint image comparisons. He/she will perform duties related to automated and manual processing of fingerprint submissions utilizing fingerprint readers, verification on-line terminals and fingerprint input monitors.
This is an entry-level position and prior experience in the field or a related field is not required. You will receive training in taking and verifying personnel fingerprints, making comparisons of rolled inked and computer image fingerprints, use of fingerprint scanning equipment, completing fingerprinting forms and submitting reports at the end of the fingerprinting session.
Staffing Pros is looking for Fingerprinting Operators nationwide (All 50 U.S. States). Please preview all of our work sites available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take fingerprints of individuals in both digital and ink formats.
- Operate fingerprint reader/document imaging equipment to create electronic files, using provided software.
- Prepare fingerprinting documents for scanning, scan documents and verify quality of digital images.
- Responsible for setting core and axis fingerprint images and verifying identification through fingerprint image comparisons.
- Enter data into computer as appropriate.
- Perform duties related to automated or manual processing of fingerprint submissions
- Troubleshoot and adjust equipment when necessary.
- Maintain production area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned by the Supervisor.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers and respond to requests and inquiries from the public.
- Responsible for successfully completing the Onboarding Appointment of the Selectee whether by a previously scheduled appointment or walk-in.
- Accurately retrieve the correct information for documentation of the Selectees appointment for reporting purposes.
- Identify and record the types of identification used to proof Selectee’s identity accurately and in a timely manner while safeguarding the Selectee’s privacy.
- Adhere to all company and departmental employment policies regarding security and confidentiality.
- Perform administrative duties such as time keeping, shift schedules, daily activity reports, card inventory, equipment inventory, and requisitioning supplies.
- Collect two sets of ten-finger fingerprints regardless of capture process (electronic or ink).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10 to 30 pounds range and occasional lifting to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and vision to operate machinery.
- Ability to travel within locations designated.
General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.