We are hiring for Software Configuration Management Engineer for one of our contracts in Warren, Michigan.
Job Overview (Summary):
This position is for the Software Engineering Lifecycle Support (SELS) team under the TARDEC Software Engineering Center (SEC), which supports various TARDEC programs. Candidate serves as a Software Configuration professional responsible for both the software system and its interfaces. As a member of the SELS team, duties include SCM, SCM planning, SW configuration identification, SW configuration change control, SW configuration status accounting, SW configuration auditing, SW configuration release management, SW interface control and supplier configuration item control.
- (Planning) Determining the scope of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) and technical activities (i.e. identify process outputs, project tasks and deliverables, establish SCM schedules for project tasks including achievement criteria and required resources to accomplish SCM project tasks).
- (Planning) Developing and supporting the Software Configuration Management Plan (SCMP) for assigned projects. This includes interviewing the project team and management.
- (Planning) Develop, maintain and update the Enterprise CM/DM plan, products and processes.
- (Management) Implementing, monitoring, controlling and improving SCM services (i.e. determine status of SCM activities and tasks, ensure tasks are carried out within plans, schedules, budgets and satisfy technical objectives. Monitor risks and project metrics for indications of SCM issues.)
- (Management) Managing the implementation of the SCMP. (i.e. monitor resource usage, progress, risks and identify variances. Update plans when necessary).
- (Configuration Identification) Enforcing naming conventions.
- (Configuration Identification) Identifying the items that require control as Configuration Items (CIs) and apply appropriate naming conventions to them.
- Determining the CIs that are to be managed.
- Planning for the collection, storage, retrieval and change control of baselined versions.
- Establishing and maintaining associations between versions of each item
- Establishing versioned assemblies or collections of CI versions.
- Establishing and maintaining associations between versions of assemblies or collections.
- Describing the product structure through the selection of CIs and identification of their interrelationships.
- (Configuration Identification) Defining how baselines are established.
- (Configuration Identification) Establishing/Enforcing the change control process.
- (Configuration Identification) Establishing/Enforcing physical storage procedures.
- (Change Control) Maintaining the integrity of the product in all of its states, from requirements to validated working product.
- (Change Control) Verifying the implementation of approved changes.
- (Configuration Status Accounting) Recording, retrieving and reporting critical information about assets under configuration control.
- (Configuration Auditing) Objectively assessing the integrity of the products both from a functional perspective (how the different technical processes of product development – from requirements to testing – were performed) and from a physical perspective (how the as-is product was built and changes were applied).
- (Interface Control) Managing the potential interfacing effects that hardware, system software, and support software as well as other projects and deliverables have on the project. Interface control activities coordinate changes to the project CIs with changes to interfacing items.
- (Supplier Configuration Item Control) Managing the incorporation of items developed outside the project environment (e.g. by third parties) into the project CIs in order to support added accountabilities for organizational and legal relationships.
- (Release Management) Assuring that the proper set of deliverables (including documentation and ancillary materials) are delivered to the designated receiving party in the designated form to the designated location.
- (Process Improvement) Schedule, execute and resolve deficiencies with SCM processes.
- Other duties as assigned.