This position is for the software test team under TARDEC Software Engineering Center (SEC), which supports various TARDEC programs. Candidate serves as Software Test Engineer responsible for providing software engineering and lifecycle management services in support of embedded software products for military applications. As a member of the software test team, duties include test support of the systems that are managed by TARDEC.
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development of program's test strategy, approach, process, planning, schedule, and resource requirements. In addition, managing the implementation of an evaluation methodology and framework for product/system under test.
- Developing of test materials/data for technical and progress reviews, to include risk assessment. In addition, the identification and coordination of SEC personnel.
- Becoming familiar with the software under test and any other related software
- Understanding the master test plan and/ or the project plan
- Developing/updating formal test plans and test cases based on the review and analysis of requirements, use cases, and other design documents
- Ensure requirements traceability matrices (RTM) trace from/to test cases and requirements
- Work closely with development engineers, QA engineers, and other stakeholders who support the verification/validation testing
- Procuring test data required for testing
- Setting up required test beds (hardware, software and network)
- Creating or assist in creating test automation
- Testing of software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/ or automated)
- Reporting test results and defects to the stakeholders
- Creating test logs
- Troubleshooting faults or anomalies with the hardware, software, and test procedures
- Expected to travel occasionally to various locations in support of related meetings and test events as testing, site assessments, and product/process audits and acceptance.
- Understanding of CMMI process areas and process requirements related to testing